Saturday, November 22, 2008

ACCENT....什麼腔?!不行嗎??

If you had spoken to me in English a couple of years ago, you'd have thought that I speak English with American accent or grew up there. And British people actually asked me, "Where in the states do you live?" Haha.. I was AMERICAN ne.

如果你在幾年前跟我講英文,你會覺得我是美國人.英國人也直接問我,你住美國哪兒呢?蠻好玩的,我曾是美國人ㄋㄟ.

Now I am more British than American. When I was in UK, a local said I thought you were born here. Haha... Then I interpreted for my British boss and his American guests. Very Funny Experience Indeed. How come four native speakers need a foreign person who speaks English as a second language to act as an interpreter between. What a funny world.

現在的我,比較像英國人.在英國的時候,當地的同事以為我是在英國出生的.然後,我替我的英國老闆還有從美國來的客人翻譯,這會不會太好笑一點了?怎麼可能四個以英文為母語的人,要一個英語是第二外語的人來翻譯呢?真是個爆笑的世界.

Recently I've been practicing American English. I am going to pick American accent up again. Haha..It's difficult neh..I can't imagine myself being American again. My British boss will be very surprised when he hears my English again. He's say, "Oh.. Bloody Hell, you turned into a Bloody American!" Haha.. but to pass my pronunciation course, I do need to be American. OKAY.. So Practice neh!!

最近都在練習美國腔,要再把美國腔練一練ㄋㄟ.很困難ㄋㄟ.很難想像我又要化身成美國人啦.呵..在英國的老闆如果聽見,一定會大叫"天啊!你怎麼變成美國佬啦!"哈哈...不過,為了要取悅我的發音課教授,我還是練習變成美國人好了!

人生...真是兩難!!

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want my british accent backkkkk!!!!

Andrea xoxo

 
At 2:31 PM , Blogger Lonely Planet said...

I got a speech to do this Friday evening. I haven't written my script. So.... tiring...
So much work to do. I decided I'll be British this time. Then maybe American in the finals.

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger . said...

So funny.
You're confusing people with your american/british accent.
Last week my interviewer asked me if I was singaporean, and when I started to talk, she asked me was I american, too...I guess we all fucked up...haha

 
At 6:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a natural! Just enjoy the warm and loud applauses from the crowd! You know what? My English is getting worse in CA, he he....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home