Monday, June 07, 2004

Going for PHD??

Hahaha. A tough question and hard decision! I am not 30 yet but still need to sort out what I want for the rest of my life. Am I really going to teach high school students till I reach my retiring age? Or am I going to be a news editor working for TV? Or am I going to take a PHD programme and try to teach at a uni.?

I am so confused lately. Partly because I'll take my entrance exam to Teachers' courses on July and partly because I'm under some pressure.
I am not sure why a Master in E/C translating and interpreting isn't qualified to teach high school students English. I'm wondering why do people think someone graduated from university with a BA in English can really teach better than anyone else.

These are bull shit as far as I see the issues. Of course, I can teach without a certificate for I am good and my students don't mind. However, my salary can't be raised if I don't get the teaching certificate. I really doubt why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home