Thursday, May 24, 2007







Eva Peron = Evita = Don't cry for me Argentina!!

I was in London for business and for a little pleasure on my own. I went to Legalisation office in London to have my MA degree legalised. It was a 2-hour wait and 27-pound cost to have my copy of the degree STAMPED by the British Government. Ha.. finally done, my darlings.

Then I went to the theatre to see the one I've always wanted to see apart from the ones I've seen. It's Evita. The production is going to end on 26 May so I went to see it!! It was amazing!! The music, the cast and everything. It was just overwhelming.

The actress who played Evita is Elena Roger. She is about my size and well.. I shall say she is smaller than I am to do her justice. But her voice was just so powerful. She gave much more Latin flavour to the character than Madonna did in the film. Elena sang through the whole show and I do admire her strength and energy.

One more thing about the show was the Argentine Tango. The choreography was beautiful, they danced it so elegantly and passionately. Though I can't see myself dancing like them, it was absolutely gorgeous. They were just divine.

Besides the leading actress, there is another young actress playing Peron's Mistress. Her name is Lorna Want. She is beautiful and I enjoyed her singing "What happens now?" I like her very much!! She gave a teenage girl look, a bit timid, gentle, vulnerable but tried to be strong performance. The whole show was phenomenal though it also cost me money. Quite expensive but worth every penny!

You can visit the website and see some vedio clips and also intro of the actress and actors. I love it!! www.evitathemusical.com So the next thing I am going to do is Stand Through a Shakespear Play. Hurrah... A bit of a challenge both physical and mental.
That's all for now, my darlings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home