Saturday, September 16, 2006

1 September 2006

High Street Hostel & Edinburgh Castle.

I was in Scotland. By saying Scotland, what I really meant is Edinburgh. Why? Well… when you’ve stayed in UK for a while, you’d know that some people in Scotland do not think Edinburgh Scottish enough to be called Scotland. Haha.. Scotland is a big big land. You’d travel to Highlands to see what Scots called A REAL SCOTLAND.

Anyway, I was in a hostel close enough to be named as High Street Hostel. It’s in the heart of the old town where you have the famous Edinburgh Castle, Royal Mile and Prince Street and so on.

It’s a Hostel with friendly staff, convenient location, clean showers and very LOUD lounge. It’s all so very lively that you’d feel like to SHOUT all the time. Haha…So what’s the famous quote from that Hostel? As you’d have imagined, it’s “Give me a SHOUT.”

This was the third time I visited Edinburgh Castle. I forgot what was in the Castle anyway but the best thing I remembered was Scottish Soldiers in their kilts. But this time, I came to an empty Castle where the guards were all vanished. Very weird indeed with no Scottish guards wearing kilts around. Somehow it’s just not PROFESSIONAL to charge tourists but not give them value for money from my point of view. I feel like making a complaint to get all my admission back.

Oh, and one more thing. The stone of destiny inside the Castle is a fake one. That’s not the real one and everybody knows it. It’s just so cheesy of them to have claimed that it was real and kept it with all Scottish Crowns and Jewels together in a room where is guarded with thick steel doors inside the Castle like a vault.

To sum up, I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home