Thursday, September 23, 2004

UPS and DOWNS??!! Here are some...

One of my friends said, you have to enjoy the downs in your life!! So it made me think of my own experience about the DOWNS in my life. If I'm right, there's a saying goes like this "There are always ups and downs in life, and that's what makes it interesting."

I doubted if the one who said this had experienced any sort of pain near "Backache". Well, if you twisted your waist, it's surely one of the TOP FIVE DOWNS could happen in one's life.

I twisted it again yesterday and It hurt really bad. It's not a disease but will definetly make you suffer. It hurts badly no matter you stand, sit, walk or sneeze.
Even if you laugh too hard, it does kill.

Here are some of my experiences,

The first time I hurt my back was about two years ago. One day, I woke up and sat on bed. Suddenly I found I couldn't stand up at all. I was terrified. So I burst into tears and yelling for help. Luckily, I stayed with my family. Everyone was awaken by me. My sister took me to hospital and confirmed I hurt my back though didn't know why at all.

My mom took me to a neighbor, she's an old lady and has this so called "Traditional treatment" taught by her mom who had learned it from her mom and already passed away. The treatment is spooky. The lady asked me if my whole back hurt. I said yes. Then she looked at me into my eyes and said "OKAY, it's a serious one. Don't worry. Relax. It will soon be over before you find it."

Guess what?! She drank some water then used a little stick to pick up some white powder from a little box. AND.........SHE POKED ME IN THE EYES!!! Hurt??? Not really but the feeling's really weired. Teardrops were flowing down and I slept whole afternoon.

Surprisingly, I recovered by evening. As simple as that, just like magic! Sadly, I hurt my back yesterday at school and it hurt so much that I couldn't focus on teaching. I went to the lady again yesterday afternoon. Though I had experienced that, I was still afraid. It was scary but it did work very well lat two times.

Unfortunately, it didn't work well this time. I was thinking "When can I get home and lay down in bed?" all afternoon. But I managed to go through the classes till 19:00.

I went home and took rest in bed whole night. This morning I called in sick and arranged everything to be taken care of. I went to doctor and got an injection. Now I am feeling better. Should be okay after few days.......hope loh

DOWNS.........Wanna try and enjoy this??!!!
Lonely Planet



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home