Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lewes Bonfire Night.



There I was with my classmates and new friends!! As always, I am in the Latino group. I can’t figure out why I love Latinos. They are loud, full of energy, warm, and beautiful and I love them!!

Lewes is very famous for its Bonfire processions. Thousands of people visit Lewes on 4 November every year. I have heard of and seen it on travel channel before but this year I was there!! Freezing cold that night, but warm in heart.

We went on train and arrived by 8 in the evening. We then saw the processions, the fire works, big big Bonfire, loads of people, bobbies, and Guy Fawkses, the paper statues that made to be burnt in the Bonfire. I saw the Pope, Bin Laden, Bush and Rice. The town was burning and it was great fun till the train delayed and we missed the last train back home.

It was cold and it’s freezing after midnight. The temperature dropped dramatically after 12. I was shivering and my hands were literally frozen. I was a bit upset for we might have to stay up in the train station till next morning and they were all speaking Spanish. But my friend Leo spotted my mood and said, “hey Genie, don’t worry. We’ll be fine. We sleep together and as long as we are together, it’s fine.”

So, my friend was right. We were together, nothing bad would happen and they wouldn’t let me die in cold. We were waiting in a little station at 1 in the morning when a mysterious train pulled into the station. It was for Worthing, a town 30 minutes away from ours.

So we went on and met this fabulous guy, David. He asked us where were we going and knew there wasn’t a train to. He then offered his place for us to sleep. What a generous man! I told him there were 10 of us but he didn’t mind at all. It’s the first time that I met such a WARM British person. It was incredible for him to offer a place to stay. We’re thankful but we decided to ask the price for cab first. David helped us to contact the cab agent. It wasn’t too bad for 10 of us to share the price. So we went home on a mini bus and a cab which cost 80 pounds. Finally I got home by 2:30 in the morning.

Before leaving the Worthing, David gave me his number and we’d invite him to our Spanish gathering in the following week when he returns from his holiday. Oh, what have I said, OUR Spanish gathering. Haha.. my Latino friends are turning me into one of them. OUR… I did say Our… My…But por que no?! Nos vemos mañana, mis amigos!

2 Comments:

At 4:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie,
兩個多月沒看到你啦,真的想你的說!
星期六回靜修參加校友大會... ...心裡滋味亂奇怪的一把?!
看到你在英國的生活...還ok吧!我試著打電話給你,可是電話怪怪的... ...過些日子我有空在call call看吧!我想你應該也很懷念我的美妙聲音吧!haahhaaa
好好照顧自己喔... ...生活和課業都要加油阿!!! Go~ Go~ Go!!!!!!

 
At 3:11 PM , Blogger Lonely Planet said...

Sexy Jessie,

How are you doing lately?
I'm now searching for work placement which is BLOODY difficult and feeling quite frustrated honestly. But I am trying hard because I really need to have a work as my professional work experience. If not, I might fail the course. Despite the time spending with friends, I'm quite upset at the moment in general. Sigh..>_<

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home